Irrespective of the career options, time management is one of the key skills that students should have ensuring better outcome. This is even truer and more important for the students pursuing their career in hotel and hospitality industry. According to a renowned hotel management training institute, time management is not so easy. And hotel management students often get perplexed about how they can efficiently manage and utilize their time.
Well here are some feasible to follow tips for the hotel management students on effective time management.
- Create a Checklist – It would be just perfect to create a proper checklist as it comes to improved time management. You can create the checklist for the day as well as for the entire week. This checklist would help you manage your time management goal and make the tasks easy and smooth. Your phone’s memo or notepad can be used as the checklist. You can also download a simple checklist app from Google Playstore. But creating the checklist won’t serve your purpose unless you check them off as and when you complete a job. Doing this will surely give you a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
- Spend time for Planning – Making a plan is absolutely important to avoid running short on ideas or getting stuck between tasks. Take enough time for processing new information and accordingly plan the tasks. This won’t require you to revise information over and again, and thus you can save significant amount of time. The best Hotel Management Institute Kolkata suggests their students to remain focused on planning well in advance so they can effectively manage their tasks and complete them on time.
- Use Timer – Using a timer is another good way to manage your time and enhance time management skill. You can use the timer on your phone to help you monitor your progress.
- Avoid any sort of Distraction – Distractions can be just overwhelming. It can seriously make you lose your concentration on any job while you are working on it and thus make you delay its completion. So avoid anything that distracts you. While you are on the verge of completing an assignment, working on a project or simply studying, just put your phone or tab on silent mod. Turning them off is also a good way to stay away from them for the time being.
- Take breaks without Fail – Yes, you must take breaks between study times. Taking breaks after a certain interval of time would keep the mind clear while enhancing concentration that, in turn, will help you finish your tasks right on time. Taking breaks between tasks is never wastage of time. Rather it makes you even more productive.
- Reward Yourself – Reward yourself after successful completion of each task on a timely manner as suggested by the dean of a Hotel Management Institute. Do something that you really enjoy. Like, you can treat yourself with your favourite food. This will encourage you to enhance your skills and studies consistently.
These are a few things that you may follow to enhance your time management skill to a great extent.